Keep our people and customers safe.
Keep the supply chain moving.
As the COVID-19 pandemic has evolved Bonney’s has followed the guidance and instruction from the Ministry of Health to ensure that we keep our team and customers safe and healthy. We have changes the way we work to implement all of the necessary precautions required to keep the supply chain going. Over the past couple of months we have been in frequent contact via email, conversations and texts with our people to ensure that they understand the importance of adopting our new ways of working.
We are proud of the way that our team has stayed focused on keeping safe while getting the job done.
Overview of our new way of working
- Keep safe – take all of the necessary precautions. Wash hands, use your hand sanitiser and wipe down surfaces at the beginning and end of every shift.
- Don’t make contact with surfaces unnecessarily and if you do wash or use your hand sanitiser.
- Maintain two metres working distance at all times.
- Don’t congregate with others
- Be kind to your family, workmates and customers. Remember everyone is challenged at the moment.
- Obey the road rules, take your breaks, drive to the conditions.
Managing Level 3 at Bonney’s
- New ways of working remain in place
- This means if you are working from home, you will continue to do so.
- Continue to follow all protocols – including physical distancing, good hygiene and only two people in a lunchroom at a time.
Respect the lock down at work and at home
- Minimise, or eliminate if possible, physical interactions amongst staff and with and between customers.
- Adhere to all of our health, hygiene and safety measures.
- Restrict activity to only what is essential during the Alert Level 4 period.
- When you have finished your shift – go home and stay home.
New ways of working
- All admin people working from home
- Limited Despatchers in office – isolated
- Operations in offices – isolated areas
- The Weighbridge will remain open – Operators only inside.
- Workshop, Washbay and Store – will continue to operate.
- We are monitoring the speed of all trucks, so are the police – with less congestion it is easy to let your speed creep up. Stick to the speed limit and respect the rules of the road.
- Incident reporting: As always all incidents and near misses must be reported immediately.
- Follow our new ways of working and those of our customers – if you are not sure about something ask rather than assume.
- Disposable gloves
- Hand sanitiser for every employee
- Washing hands at every opportunity
- Avoid unnecessary contact with surfaces
- Stay two metres away from others at all times.
- Respect site rules
- Stay in trucks as much as possible – don’t congregate with others.
- Lunchrooms – only two people in them at any time, maintain distance and wash any dishes immediately.